This is a blog featuring my personal stories of food, gardening, yachting, photography, travel and life.

Friday, February 24, 2017

Some New Camera Gear

Battery grip
I've wanted one of these battery grips for quite a while as well as the WU-1b wi-fi accessory and a dual battery charger, all  pictured here. The battery grip adds a bit more heft to the camera which I actually like. The camera body is a bit small for my hands so this helps a lot. It also houses two batteries expanding the battery capability significantly. 

The dual battery charger is pretty much self explanatory. It replaces my original single battery charger since with the twin battery grip device, I need to be able to get both batteries charged at the same time.

WU-1b wi-fi device
The WU-1b is a little wi-fi device that allows me to send photos from the camera directly to my ipad for processing, Its pretty slick. I had decided not to buy one at first because I'd read some reviews that didn't think it functioned very well. I found it at a good sale price so I decided to give it a shot. I've been very impressed. It does exactly what it is supposed to do and does it consistently. 
dual battery charger

All on Amazon, I got free shipping and have been very pleased with the purchases. My next camera purchase will be a lens that allows me to take macro photos.They are kind of expensive so I may opt for some macro rings instead to see if they are any good. And one day, I'd like a nice long lens for taking good photos of distant objects. If we make any plans for a safari to Africa, I will most definately insist we take one of these along with us. 

No comments: