This is a blog featuring my personal stories of food, gardening, yachting, photography, travel and life.

Monday, June 29, 2009

WWU South America Tour 2009 Photos

The first part of this blog entry is to point out the new slide show of the 2009 South America tour just completed with the Western Washington University Concert Choir to Argentina and Uruguay.

Just glance over at the right margin and maybe scroll down a bit and the thumbnail size photos should be changing every few seconds. If you want to get a really good look at the show, double click on the photo space and you will be taken to
Picassa where the photos will be available full page size and captions will also appear that will better explain what you are looking at.

You may also want to scroll down and read through some of my earlier entries of the trip as I am going back and adding details, fixing typos and adding lots of photos keyed to that part of the trip. Enjoy!


______________________

Now on to a slightly different subject. During my travels over the years, I have always written a journal about my discoveries and experiences. For the first time with this trip I decided not to do that. My thinking was, why write it down in a journal only to have to copy it into my blog when I get home? Well, it didn't work out as I had hoped. First, I didn't have access to a computer everywhere I went nor did I have enough time to sit down at the hotel-provided computer terminals and really get my thoughts written just the way I wanted. With a hand written journal I am able to write anywhere, anytime and take the time to form my thoughts without the frustration of a computer being available. Then when I get home I can rewrite the journal entries into my blog in ordered excerpts using the journal as a reference point and add the appropriate photos. Blog entries really need to be complete when published, polished, photos embedded, etc. due to the fact that each entry scrolls down the page from newest to oldest. So there is little motivation for most people to read any edited version of the blog in an out of order fashion.

So on our next adventure I will be going back to my tried and true method of documenting my travels, carrying my little travel journal with me to write my daily experiences and using my camera to store them visually.

No comments: